Time to replace the original factory battery in my '00 300m?

In about 5 weeks, my '00 300m will be 11 years old. Technically I guess it's older than that by at least a few months, and so is the factory original battery.

The car gets driven every day - usually only a short trip (2 mile round trip - that's my commute to work). That plus some local shopping every few days, and about 6 to 9 times a year a round trip 200 mile highway ride. 97k miles on the odo.

Engine starts fine - just like it did when it was new.

I wonder if I should go another winter with this original battery... ?

Reply to
MoPar Man

It's at least twice its expected longevity, so, sure, press your luck.

Reply to
News

My wife's summer 2001 Sebring's battery is still fine at 9 yrs. My neighbors 2001 300M's battery is still fine at 9 yrs. My 2004 300M's battery is fine at 7 yrs.

Although I wasn't fond of the battery in such an inaccessible position, it certainly results in a much longer life.

Just be sure you carry jumper cables.

Reply to
Josh S

If you are concern about the battery why not stop at the local parts store and have them complete a free battery test.

Reply to
Airport Shuttle

You got your monies worth out of that one. Batteries are cheap, I wouldn't want to go into winter with an 11 year old battery.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

'96 Concorde...battery died when the cold came in fall '08. If you can't afford to be inconvenienced...replace it. If you can, then roll the dice. It doesn't get that cold in TX...does it?

GrtArtiste

Reply to
GrtArtiste

the only thing between Amarillo and the north pole in winter time is a two wire barb wire fence and one wire will most likely be down........or so i am told.

'96 Concorde...battery died when the cold came in fall '08. If you can't afford to be inconvenienced...replace it. If you can, then roll the dice. It doesn't get that cold in TX...does it?

GrtArtiste

Reply to
rob