Towing capacity

Hi everyone,

I don't have the car manual for my 1995 Interpid 3.3. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the towing capacity of the engine is.

Thanks,

Carl

carlbernardi

I don't know the exact rating, but in the real world its not very much. The limit isn't the engine, its a) the fact that its a front-drive and front-drives never tow anything more than about 1/4 to 1/3 the weight of the car itself, and b) the transmission.

Reply to
Steve