Trailer Towing With T&C?

Hi! Anyone have any experience towing a fairly heavy tent trailer with one of the newer model Chrysler Town and Countrys? I'm thinking of replacing our poor gas mileage Ford Explorer for one of the new '05 T&Cs. They sure look nice! Our trailer is about 2,800 lbs loaded. Specs say it can tow

3,800. Does it have a lot of get-up-and-go? And how does the trailer track? Pretty nice? Your input would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Reply to
Richard Minami

jdoe

Thanks for your input. It's most helpful! I think the 2005 T&Cs have 215 HP and 245 lb-ft of torque. Sure sounds like a lot! My Explorer has only 160 HP and 220 lb-ft. I wonder how much different it would drive? I guess your 'burb has plenty of power to spare! I often wonder what towing our little trailer would be like behind my father-in-law's F250, with the 7.4 liter diesel?! I'd probably forget it was even back there! Anyway, thanks again for your input. Rich

Reply to
Richard Minami