trans down shifting hard...

Hi All, I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring I just changed the transmission filter and gasket. The trans fluid is right on the right level but now when I slow down from 40 mph to 0; when it starts down shifting it down shifts hard. Never did it before HELP.... Car has 42000 miles on it...

Reply to
Rick

It was not mentioned in your post, but can we assume that you did use the correct ATF+4 transmission fluid? Anything else will most likely cause problems.

The Chrysler labeled ATF+4 is now available at several retail locations in addition to the dealer.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

Reply to
jdoe

Reply to
Rick

Just a thought, but if it has not resolved itself by now, you can also try disconnecting the battery to reset the computer and relearn the new transmission characteristics.

Good luck and post your findings for others to learn from your experience.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman