Transmission Leak 96T&C

Hello,

I Have a leak on a 3.3l 4 speed auto transmission that appears to be dripping from the flywheel area behind the dust sheild... Any ideas?

I seem to recall that it did this last summer too but stopped in the fall winter, and restarted up again. I had it flushed last year... the morons put in Dexron, which caused my tranny to start slipping until I made them flush out again with the correct stuff. I also (just to be safe) dropped the pan, and replaced the filter (after they flushed the second time) and put in the ATF +3 to the specified "warm" level...did that in the fall. It is now mid to upper 80's here in WI and the drip came back (it also looks like the level is above the dipstick mark.

Thanks for any help

Reply to
99trooper

More then likely the front pump seal is leaking, But make sure that it isnt leaking from behind the trans solonoid pack and running down the front,

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks MAX

Where would I look for the solenoid pack? Are either an easy fix for myself to do?

Reply to
99trooper

If the solenoid pack gaskets are leaking they are easy to replace, Now the front pump, or seals will be a task, The transmission would have to be removed for that repair

Reply to
maxpower