Turbocharging a Chrysler Pacifica

Got on this kick yesterday looking at Popular hotrodding online.

A remote mounted turbocharger that would fit my ls1 camaro, BUT I thought after looking at the web page why not on the Pacifica. Remote mounted turbo. No kit for the pacifica, but from what I see they have looks very easy to fabricate a setup.

And looking around on the net, there's not much performance stuff for the 3.5L But after looking at

was thinkingthat a turbo would be cool on the Pacifica. Shockingly, the wifedisagrees.

Saw a link to a Pacifica called "Oblivion"

but way too overthe top for my tastes. Interestingly enough, they somehow stuck afreakin Novi supercharger in there.http://www.oblivionperformance.com/oblivion_2.jpg

Reply to
Jimmy

You might be interested in this thread on the 300M Enthusiast's forums:

Topic is remote turbos specific to the 300M which as you know, uses the

3.5L. STS is mentioned in the discussion.

Bill Putney

Thanks, Bill. Checked it out and will watch the thread.

I'm skeptical you can mount a turbocharger so far away from the engine and then get 5psi at the throttle body. BUT 4 Guys Garage is doing a show on it Dec 30th (for the LS1 chevys, anyway)

If it works, it's VERY cool. Longevity etc I wonder about. I would hate to drop 4 grand worth of parts on the highway. And the air intake being behind the rear wheels doesn't thrill me at all. Water infiltration seems like a huge issue. Less on a truck though. The real beauty of this though (IF it works well) is not having to find space in an already cramped engine compartment.

Jimmy

There is a turbo for a Pacifica. It a has the same engine at the 300m. So search for a turbo charger for a 300m and you will find it. It is a

3.5L engine that is no different the the regular 3.5L engine.
Reply to
jushil