turn off pt cruiser auto lock

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser that locks its doors after unlocking and before even starting it. This started after a battery change because of a bad cell. It locks after 1 minute and is really a problem as I have twice locked my keys inside. Haw can I turn off this feature?

Thanks all

Reply to
CC

mic canic

Hiya all,

We're on our second cruiser now, the latest only being 2 months old. Both cars have had their locks changed (under warranty) 'cos if water gets into the locks they will lock and unlock at will. The dealer said this was a common fault.

Go talk to your dealer

pottsy

Reply to
pottsy

Owners manual tells how to program locks. Without starting the car, turn ignition switch to on then off 3 times. After the third time, UNlock the doors. You should hear a ding telling you did it right.

Reply to
Stevescip