turning on turn signal/hazards turns off instrument cluster power, 2001 T&C

2001 Chrysler Town and Country vehicle running, turn on either turn signal or hazard light switch. lose power to instrument cluster (fuel gauge, status lights, speedometer, odometer, etc.). turn signal indicators flash, but actual turn signal lights do not. vehicle still runs, all other electircal devices function (radio, interior lights, etc.) except instrument cluster. turn off turn signal or hazard light switch, power returns.

swapped related relays and fuses, wasn't the problem.

suspect the flasher, but local Chrysler dealer can't find a part number for one, and I don't know where it is on the vehicle.

suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
bba7

Your big symptom is that your bulbs don't light. And the first thing to try is the bulbs. Not sure what thetype is but I would think the AutoZone would have them. Replace them all for a starter.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Ace