Two problems with PT Cruiser

2004 5-speed PT with 48,000 miles.

First, the engine bucks / stumbles badly at about 1500-2500 RPM - plugs and air filter were changed at 30K, Champion double platinums, so I think they're OK. I cleaned the throttle body and ran a few bottles of fuel injector cleaner without helping. Dealer says no codes, had no suggestions.

Second, the dealer says it needs front control arm bushings on both sides, and wants an arm and a leg to change 'em, and I need to get tires soon too. How hard is this to do? I know I could crawl under and take a look, but it's snowing right now...

Reply to
Tom Bavis

Replace the plugs wires!!! the lower control arms have been update so many times you may just want to purchase the control arm complete with bushings and all. If you are mechanically inclined the bushings can be installed by pressing them in and out.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I'd price around for those bushings, although here I find the dealer is similar to places like Speedy. You didn't get many miles on those tires. Try Michelins.

Reply to
who