UAW softens attitude about cuts in Detroit

At Ford, restructuring now Job 1 When he stepped down this month as Ford Motor Co.'s president and chief executive, Bill Ford Jr. acknowledged the ailing, 103-year-old automaker must reinvent itself to survive in an increasingly competitive industry. at

UAW softens attitude about cuts in Detroit The Ford Motor Co's latest round of cuts is another serious blow to organized labor, costing the United Auto Workers as many as 40,000 active members and millions of dollars in lost dues. at

Mike

The problem with these links is that they lead to that Moonie bird cage liner of spin and lies, the Washington Times. Take nothing in these articles seriously, as the "Moonie rag" basically shills to corporate and right wing Republican interests for income. If any doubt, listen to their f***ss blowhard op-ed editor, Tony Blankley, on McLaughlin sometime. The guy's a fruitcake. For example:

Blankley: "President Bush's approval will bounce around from 45% to

50% through his second term."

Reality: Latest Bush approval figures: 36%, hasn't been above 43% in any major credible national poll in much over a year.

Blankley: "I'm going to start helping out with the Santorum (R-PA) campaign in Pennsylvanier (sic). We're down by 20 pernts (sic) now, but by the end of summah (sic) we'll be in good shape."

Reality: Santorum's still in the toilet, down by double digits and is favored to lose to Casey. At the time he made the above paraphrased statement, Santorum was down by 23% in statewide polls.

Blankley: "Hezbuller and Syrier (sic) will violate the cease fyuh (sic) and war will break out in Lebanon requiring US intervention."

Reality" The cease fire is holding, foiling neocon efforts to provide and excuse for further Bush "adventures" in the Middle East.

Of all the panelists on The McLaughlin Group, the granddaddy of all pundit shows, Blankley's "predictions" have proven to be, by far, the most inaccurate and are mostly spin. It should also be pointed out that Blankley has very close ties to Karl Rove...surprise!

Reply to
DeserTBoB

As oppossed to the Washington Post which is a shill for the Democratic party?

The very credible Rasmussen Reports has him over 40%

The Zogby poll (is that respectable enough for you?) begs to differ with your statement. The race is a statistical dead heat now.

Reply to
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

No. Zogby, like Fox/OD, is continually spun to the right, sometimes alarmingly so..

Funny...Quinnipiac and other more respectable polls don't.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

So only those spun to the left are acceptable? I see where you're coming from.

Reply to
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

Another scared-to-death right wing lunatic in the kill file grinder.

*PLONK*
Reply to
DeserTBoB

Damn! I was just getting ready to tell you to "watch out or he'll kill file you!!", but the psycho beat me to it. LOL! Looks like all you gotta do is disagree with him twice and he pretends to ban you to Siberia (but he continues to watch). People like him only help conservatives come election time.

Bill Putney

And God bless him for that!

Reply to
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

I guess that makes him a useful idiot. Without us, he'd just be an idiot.

Bill Putney

I'm the original poster. Why would a liberal Democrat buy a car if she/he is anti-business and anti-capitalism? Aren't liberals supposed to make less than the minimum wages because they're guilty? they can use public transport...

Reply to
Mike

"Guilty??" Of what?

Reply to