Update: Acclaim stalling after a time

My 1992 Acclaim seems to be cured. It was stalling 20 minutes after going on the road, with perfect regularity. This started right after getting a new fuel pump.

Then on a very hot day, it wouldn't start at all, but it started with ether. So I had it towed, but after the tow it started by itself, and ran ever since. The mechanic drove it for a few days with a fuel pressure guage taped to the windshield and said it remained normal.

Maybe there was a blockage that got cleared when they put the guage on. Who knows?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Tom Del Rosso wrote: (...)

Thanks for the update, Tom.

A wise philosopher once said "Things that go away by themselves sometimes return by themselves".

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

And if it's consistent it will return when I'm 20 miles from home going 70 mph.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

:)

--Winston