Vote Yes on No

Here is just one small recent example of what is being done: Gasoline prices, which doubled under Bush (thereby proving that our Middle-Eastern wars of conquest have nothing to do with oil, either), suddenly have subsided just prior to the upcoming election. How did this happen in an era of worldwide increasing demand and decreasing supply? Easy - Goldman-Sachs simply cut exposure of its primary commodity index, the GSCI, to gasoline by two-thirds. Since a great many investors adjust their investments to match the GSCI index (including funds that are required by their charters to track that index exactly), the result was a massive sell off of gasoline futures contracts in just the past few weeks. It is, of course, no coincidence that the greatest declines in pump prices have taken place in so-called "swing states" that are particularly critical to Republicans in the upcoming congressional election.

Bret Ludwig

Umm - no. New fields have been discovered, as well as progress being made in liquifacation of coal and in shale.

Truth is, if gas/oil prices were high right now, the Dems would blame Bush and the Republicans. If gas/oil prices were moderate right now, the Dems would find some way to couch that against Bush and the Republicans. If prices were low right now (and they are), the Dems would even turn that into an anti-Bush/Republican story. People have gotten numb to the "wrong no matter what they do or don't do" b.s.

One sentence you wrote puzzled me: "...(thereby proving that our Middle-Eastern wars of conquest have nothing to do with oil)...". I thought the libs were anti-Bush *because* he was doing everything he does to get oil (i.e., the mantra used to be "He went into Iraq to steal their oil"). More examples of wrong no matter what he does or does not do.

Can you guys decide what your position is on one point and stick with it? Or is it in fact you who are being pragmatic and changing your spots because of the upcoming elections?

Bill Putney

Hi Bill...

Don't believe that "He went into Iraq to steal their oil"; bud DO believe that he and his gang went into Iraq to control their oil.

Who it was sold to, when, and for what price. And to make absolutely sure that the lion's share of the selling price stuck to "his/their" fingers.

Then again, whatta I know - not a liberal, not a conservative, not even an American :)

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Polling confirms that the drop in crude and refined retail products hasn't swayed the voters that Bush is "fixing the problem," as the Dems have innoculated the issue by tying Bush Bird and Cheney to their "war for oil" It's the Iraq war, stupid...and the fact that "Joe Six Pack" is still having to pony up $2.40+ for a gallon of unleaded has him seething when he thinks of the $1.05 he was pumping into his gas hog only a year ago...that, and the fact that he can't afford to take his kids to the doctor anymore because he is working a scab job with no health care whatsoever and for lower wages. It's rather cynical that the Rove Brigade would choose to give "in trouble" red states the biggest price drops, but what can you expect from a White House full of criminals? Also: E85 is significantly eating into unleaded regular sales in the "Corn Belt." Less demand, lower retail prices. Winner here: Archer-Daniels-Midland, the biggest recipient of corporate welfare in American history.

Latest numbers show these incumbent GOP senators out on their asses so far:

Santorum - PA, gone...too loony for prime time, Bush suckup "Macacawitz" - VA, Webb is scoring major blows, has the momentum Burns - MT, the "Snoozer" is gone, has Abramoff stench as well Chaffey - RI, but close...a horse race in the home stretch. DeWine - OH, gone, another Abramoff casualty

There're the five necessary to make a 50/50 Senate right there (and that's lumping Lieberman in with the Dems), plus all Dem incumbents appear to be holding their seats. If the Dems take the other two tight open seats, Maryland and Tennessee, it's "game over" for the Bushies. So far, Ford is winning Tennessee and Cardin is slaughtering Steele in Maryland. Lieberman, after having his butt kicked and losing DNC funding for his lovey-dovey relationship with the Bushies, will vote reliably Democratic on most issues after his win over Lamont. Minnesota's no longer in play; after a disastrous performance by the GOP's Kennedy on "Meet The Press" Sunday, Minnesota's a walk for Klobuchar. The only safe GOP seat is AZ, where the wetback issue is keeping Kyl fairly safe, but within striking range. It's also no longer whether the Dems will win the House, but by how much. I predict a range of 15 to 30 seats, which may make Gingrich's "Contract Hit on America" in '94 look like a piker in comparison.

As irritating Wall Street shill Larry Kudlow said on his nauseating CNBC stock shilling program today:

"Well, Wall Street analysts were predicting modest gains for the Democrats in the House and a Repubilcan hold on Congress, but now new poll numbers say the DEMOCRATS WILL TAKE THE HOUSE BY STORM AND MAY WIN THE SENATE AS WELL!"

I can't stand Larry Kudlow, but even he's aware of the rising tide of resentment voters have to the "Republipedo Party." What's the real backstory here, though, isn't just that the "Pedoes" are losing Congress in toto, but rather than many of their right wing "rising stars" are being sent to the shredder, such as "Macacawitz" and Santorum. The Rovers are particularly upset that Santorum's going down the tubes...he loses, the post-Mehlman (he'll be thrown out after the election) RNC will no longer support ANY church nutter/christian talibaner Senate candidate, period.

Let's get things in focus...nuts like Santorum are tools, not leaders, selected by the corporate goon owners of the Republipedo Party to mollify stupid church nutters. Once the nutter faction proves unreliable in November (and I'm betting large many will stay home, despite threats of damnation by Falwell-controlled pastors), it's all over for the church nutter/corporate goon connection that's been in play since the mid-1970s. The GOP will come about hard back to the center, will disavow the gun nuts, church nutters and other social miscreants, and then will to try to gain control of the all-important Senate again in '08. The Senate's where the corporate and banking hogs get their slop, not the House, nor even the White House.

Predicition: Hillary Clinton will not be the Democratic nominee in '08, and McCain will self-destruct as always. Once Mehlman gets booted from the RNC, they will support Giuliani. The Dems have some surprises waiting for them by then, too. As John McLaughlin said months ago, "Al Gore is BACK! Buh BYE!"

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Ken - I think that about says it all. LOL! I think you can see where I was coming from now. When guys like that open their mouths, it helps the Republicans more than anything.

Bill Putney

If you care to remember (I suspect you won't), just before the last election TWO things were going to happen:

  1. Bush was going to announce the capture of Bin Laden which he had been holding until right before the election,
  2. Gas prices were going to go down (same exact story you are repeating today.) Bush did not have Bin Laden and gas prices were over for the first time in history a little before the election. Pleasd find something new.
Reply to
jtees4

How could he "have him?" He's never gone after him! Instead, after some initial press propaganda about the failed "MOAB," he "contracted" the job to Pervez Musharif, an unwilling ally that Cheney threatened to bomb back to the Middle Ages if he didn't "cooperate." So, Bin-laden sits in the mountains of Pakistan, a convenient "hole card" to be dug out when needed. However, due to screwups in Iraq and a depleted military, there's no way the Bushies can dig him out now by invading Pakistan. Also, Ol' Pervie has been getting enough press on his own to confirm the Cheney story, so the LAST place the neocons want to be found creating another war would be Pakistan. Doing so would alienate an already predatory India (who is eating our lunch on jobs and trade imbalance right now) who may decide to "make the peace" with Pervie and form an alliance against US policy. Since the neocon coup in Washington, relations with India have increasingly been decaying.

WRONG. The gas price increase didn't start until AFTER the '04 election. Regular unleaded was still in the low one buck range a scant year and half ago.

Please get some facts and quit listening to Flush Limpdick. That guy is rotting your brain.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:48:16 -0700, DeserTBoB wrote: p>

I think your memory is a little off on this one... Gas prices went over $1.50 in January of '04.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

and the fact that "Joe Six Pack" is still having to pony up $2.40+ for a gallon of unleaded has him seething when he thinks of the $1.05 he was pumping into his gas hog only a year ago...

____Reply Separator_____

I'd like to know where "Joe Six Pack" was buying gasoline for $1.05 last year!!!!!!!

Reply to
tomkanpa

$2.22 November 1 2004 US average for premium. Don't let the facts get in the way of your stupidity.

Reply to
jtees4