Was anyone at MoParFest (New Hamburg, Ontario) last week?

I was at MoPar-Fest a week (or was it two?) ago. 30'th anniversary of the event. It was Saturday and Sunday (Saturday was also the day for the Woodward dream cruise).

Looks like almost 1600 cars (but I wonder if that was the two-day total ?)

A rough guess is that 90% of the cars came from a 150-mile driving radius, which means mainly Southern Ontario. Furthest US car came from Kasas I think.

There were 3 prize cars:

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 1973 Dodge Charger 1966 Chrysler New Yorker

Naturally, the vast majority of the show cars ranged from 1950 to 1975 models.

Would be nice if Chrysler could bring back some of the style and personality of those classic cars and combine it with the improved engineering and quality techniques of today.

And for god sake bring back chrome bumpers! Instead of the plastic shit that can't take a 3 mph impact without causing $500 in dammage!

Could you imagine what a 2009 Challenger would look like with real chrome bumpers?!

Reply to
MoPar Man

MoPar Man, No Chrysler products from the '40's? That is odd. Where are all the 46-1st Series 49's and of course the "real" Silver Anniversary '49 models. I agree with you on the chrome bumpers. These plastic,body colored bumpers look like hell, I mean there is no "personality" to the car. Grills used to be the mark of what car you were looking at, but now, the all have the generic Jap/Korean grills(except some of the Chrysler products!) My wife picked out her 2007 Caliber because of its different front end look, that and it had a "chrome" surround on the grill! A little chrome is nice, not like the 58 Oldmobile/Buick!

Reply to
CountFloyd