Weather strip above windshield

Why does the molding above the windshield on the outside so often not meet in the middle. I have a '95 Lebaron, but I've seen it on other Chryslers, that there is a strip on the left and one on the right, but two or three inches in between them. It looks wierd. Is there a reason.

If you email me, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. If necessary, change domain to erols.com.

Directions are given as if you know nothing. There's a big range here but I don't know who knows what.

Reply to
meirman