weird: still tensioner problem?

The belt tensioner of my 94 Caravan (3.3L) has been making noise (basically at idle) like a tambourine ringing. Kindly advised by some of you guys via this group, I realized it's too hard for me to fix it myself, and so have made an appointment with a mechanic at the end of the month.

This morning when I started the van, strangely the ringing noise did not come up. Instead, there was a clicking noise out of somewhere in the front. I drove on the highway for a while, the clicking noise became louder while I was pressing on gas pedal to speed up, and I felt a bit of hard to get acceleration. When I returned home, the clicking noise was gone, the ringing noise came back from belt tensioner!

I'm just afraid of any other big problem aside of the tensioner. Advise please. Thanks a bunch.

Simon

Reply to
Simon

Had the same problem and finally found out it was the main engine pulley

Reply to
Ed