Well... it happened I should have known. (rod bearings)

Some of you on here may remember my questions awhile back about the 3.3 Dynasty that my sister left for dead because it stopped reading oil pressure due to a plugged Fram PH16. Well I had hoped that all would be OK but to my dismay it has developed after some hard driving a very light rod bearing tick that can only be heard from under the car near the oil pan. I am dissapointed but at least it happened at home and not during my trip to Oklahoma.

Considering that the noise is still quiet and not a full on knock yet I am wondering what the odds are that the crank journals haven't been damaged yet and that it will be a simple matter of changing the bearing inserts. I couldn't even hear it from the driver's seat as I pulled the car up on the steel ramps to change the tranny fluid and filter so I am hoping I am lucky.

If anyone on here has experience on changing engine bearings in a 3.3 I would love to hear about it.

Reply to
Daniel Who Wants to Know