What length wiper blade?? PT Cruiser

What length wiper blade (driver's side) does a 2001 PT Cruiser use? I went to Auto Zone to get one. The Anco book lists a 19" blade, the Bosch book lists a 21" blade. So the Auto Zone guy took out the 19" blade to install on my car. It was the wrong size. But then so was the Bosch. The one on the car was

20". From looking at the wipe area, the 21" would be too long, it would go off the window at the roof line. I guess the 19" would work, but you'd lose some of a cleaned area.
Reply to
TOM KAN PA

I have thought long and hard about your question, given careful consideration to the description of your quest for the right wiper, and have come to the *tentative* conclusion that you might just need a 20" blade.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

its a 19 on drivers, 18 on passenger

Reply to
God

____Reply Separator_____ Are you sure? It was a 20" on the car and it was an OEM blade.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

You have to read the charts carefully. Some may be for OEM blades and some for their recommended replacements blade after the holder was replaced with the non OEM brand. Notwithstanding, the last time I bought blades for my

300M the recommmended OEM blade was slightly longer than what was installed. It was also designed differently but it worked fine.

Reply to
Art
040718 1622 - TOM KAN PA posted:

That's because manufacturers don't know what they're doing, and you came here for the real scoop. Just stick with the 20" blade, as previously noted.

Reply to
indago
040718 2147 - TOM KAN PA posted:

Or was that 18 on the drivers side and 19 on the passenger...

Reply to
indago

Sometimes, people at Chrysler make typographical errors, or manufacturers get confused. The people who make these lists often know nothing about the cars. You can always ask a dealer, you don't have to buy from them - or just measure the actual length of the one on your car and the one in the pakcage. Sometimes a manufacturer's "19 inch" wiper fits a 20" blade or an 18" blade... 2x4s aren't 2x4.

Dave -

David Zatz