Where have all the Plymouths gone???

Strikes me as strange that Chrysler and General Motors are bringing back old name tags. Chrysler is supposed to be bringing back the Charger name. They've already brought back the Magnum. They have had tremendous success with the retro PT Cruiser. GM has brought back the Monte Carlo, the Impala, the Malibu and is making their Chevy trucks reminiscent of the 1960 models. Since they both seem to want to bring back the past, why the hell would they drop the Plymouth and Oldsmobile names????

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

So they can bring them back later? :-)

Reply to
High Sierra

Don't forget the 2005 retro Mustang Roadster and VW Beetle...

Reply to
SMoo

I think in both cases the parent company mis-managed the name plate for so long that there was no sense continuing to try to keep it alive. Plymouth hadn't had anything special to sell since God was a boy and GM managed to run off all the Olds buyers with their "new and hip" cars which were neither.

It's easier to bring back an old name for a sales boost to a successful product line than it would be to revive a terminally damaged product line.

Just my humble opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

And remember - God drove a Fury...

Reply to
MoPar Man

They were selling the Roadrunner, GTX, Sport Fury, and Duster when I was a boy... and I'm not THAT old! :-p

Reply to
Steve