Where is the outside temp sensor on a 2001 PT?

If i leave it parked in the sun the temp is always about five degrees more than after a few minutes driving.

Bud

Reply to
BudE

Mine's a 2003 but its probably in the same place. Copied from the manual

3.3.4 AMBIENT TEMPERATURE SENSOR DESCRIPTION The ambient air temperature is monitored and displayed by the compass/temp module. The Compass/Temperature Module receives a hardwire input from the ambient temperature sensor (ATS). The ATS is mounted on the center support brace in front of the A/C condenser, behind the front grille. The ATS cannot be adjusted or repaired and, if faulty or damaged, it must be replaced.

There's more on testing the sensor if you want it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Dodds

That's normal until it updates itself.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

My minivan does the same thing. the sensor is sitting about a foot to a foot and a half of the ground, so it is getting the heat generated of of the ground and what's in front of it while it is sitting. I'm in arizona, and during the summer it is 15 degrees higher when I first start it in the summer. Radiant heat will do that you know.

Reply to
hartless