Whistling sound coming from engine.

I just changed the front timing chain cover and I had to change the intake manifold gasket. Since I changed the intake manifold gasket there is a very loud sound coming from the engine. I changed the manifold gasket again and still the same sound. I have a 86 jeep grand wageneer. and can't find where this sound is coming from.

Reply to
wdelong007

The engine is a v8 5.9

Reply to
wdelong007

Maybe it's the ghost of Earle Hagen whistling 'The Andy Griffith Show' theme.

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

You may have better luck over in the jeep newsgroups. There are a lot of real enthusiasts there:

rec.autos.jeep alt.jeep-l rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

or

rec.autos.4x4

Reply to
QX

Did you re-connect all the vacuum hoses? Are any of them cracked? How about the carb base gasket? Any cracks in the manifold itself?

Reply to
Steve

There is the method of spraying any one of a number of fluids (carb cleaners?) around potential areas of vacuum leaks (including intake manifold) to identify the exact location of the leak when the idle changes.

Bill Putney