wind noise - 2005 Caravan

Recently purchased a 2005 Caravan. I am finding a continuous wind/road noise (on the drivers side) coming from the area located between the driver's door and side sliding door (narrow post separates the two....I figure this is poorly insulated). I get a sensation while driving that the side door is not secure. The dealer is basically giving me the "can't find anything excuse"....even though the Service Advisor also hears the noise.....

I traded in my 2000 Caravan for this 2005. In my opinion the 2000 was a very solid vehicle....is Chrysler letting their guard down?????

Reply to
yuck.fou

My guess is the rubber door seal(s) aren't making tight contact. I remember an old trick on previous cars of closing the door firmly on a narrow strip of paper and then pulling on it to find where the seal isn't making good contact. Probably other tricks you can try. The dealer should be able to make adjustments or replace the seal or whatever it takes once the gap is found. No excuse to let this go on a brand new vehicle.

Wind noise, road noise and engine noise really bug me. We have an '05 Durango that is sooo quiet on all three counts, although I wish Chrysler could come up with a silent engine fan. When the clutch engages on the engine fan you can certainly hear it; sounds like a hurricane until the clutch lets the fan freewheel.

Reply to
Marc

Engine and AC fans are ridiculously noisy on many cars. When my father's

2004 Saturn drives up in hot weather it sounds like a roaring truck.... all it is is the fan. Dealer says its normal.

Reply to
Art

Or the door is poorly fitted, making it impossible for the seal to function properly. Keep after them, even trying another dealer.

Reply to
Spam Hater