windshield - 2001 chrysler LHS

hey all,

are there any known defects with the windshield in this particular chrysler model?

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

The only windshield defects I've read about (and experienced on one of my Concordes) in the 2nd gen LH cars are distortion along the very bottom and the very top. My '98 has a warp along the bottom of the windshield that you can feel with your hand - a pronounced hump. It makes straight lines in the road looked curved if I look thru that part of the windshield. The top is similar, but less pronounced, though you can also feel a slight hump with your hand there too.

I've also seen a couple of posts on the 300M Club forums about this. My '99 does not have this problem. All 2nd gen LH's use the same windshield part.

Bill Putney

just wondering. I just taken over my dad's car (he passed way this early year). I noticed an excessive amount of light refraction or reflection bands thru the windshield from light emitted by street lamps & car lights and by natural light thru windows of a parking garage.

I did noticed that the wipers were bad (they were rough) and had them replaced. do I have a damaged windshield? can the scratches from the bad wipers cause it?

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

If these bands are arcs like the motion of the blades, then most likely the wipers were run with the blades damaged - the metal of the blades would then wear arcs in the glass. Only way to get rid of them is to replace the windshield. Some times insurance companies will waive deductables on windshield problems like that (under comprehensive I think).

Bill Putney

If insurance won't cover the damage, and the scratches aren't too bad, there are products on the market that may be able to help.

Plus other glass care products at

QX