windshield fluid tubes

Where can one buy a windshield fluid tubing for Plymouth Acclaim, 92? A friend of mine needs to replace a tube like this, but cannot find it in his native country.

Any advise would be appreciated...

Efim.

Reply to
Efim Furman

I have a DODGE 93 and I got replacement tube at AUTOZONE few years back. Just take a small portion of that tube to match the inner diameter. The replacement will usually have a larger external diameter, but same inner diameter.

Reply to
Rajsircar

If it is the clear plastic tubing like VW uses, an air hose for a fish tank is a perfect replacement. It's even available in a "lifetime" silicone (mine is aqua-tinted and very soft) which will last much longer than the original, which tends to turn brown and brittle over a period of time. Best news is that the little plastic tees etc. which always break can be replaced with chrome plated brass fittings also intended for plumbing a fish tank for not much cash. When I bought my Scirocco nothing of the original windshield washer setup was usable, I ended up buying a new pump and nozzles from the stealership (didn't have time to order from any of the fine VW aftermarket places as I needed to get the car inspected quickly) but everything else came from PETCO for about $10.

The leftover silicone hose makes a great cat toy too.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel