XM in a PT Cruiser

Has anybody installed an XM plug and play receiver in a PT Cruiser? Where did you place the docking station? I am guessing that the antenna would be placed in the front center of the roof, to be closest to the radio antenna, I think that I have figured out how to route the antenna cable.

I did ask this question on the XM site without success. I'm hoping to have better luck from the Chrysler end.

TIA Carl

Reply to
Carl Keehn

I just trimmed the mounting pad a little and screwed it to the panel above the window switches. It's completely out of your line of sight through the windshield.

Marty

Reply to
Marty Bose

Thank you. I ended up placing the holder right above that. I trimmed the adhesive pads and stuck the caddy on the dash right above the switches. I put the antenna in back, running the wiring from the hatch, under the molding to the front. I get a clear radio signal and great programming.

I didn't mention earlier but I got a Skyhi 2 and am thrilled with it.

Happy Holidays

Reply to
Carl Keehn