'93 ZX knocks when turning, but it's not the CV joints?

About 18 months ago I had the passenger side CV joint replaced when it started knocking as cornered.
I started to get the same noise again recently and quite reasonably
assumed that it was the other side failing. But a quick trip to the garage revealed both joints to be sound, and the guy at the garage was puzzled as to where it was coming from.
Basically accelerating around a corner causes a knock-knock-knock noise until the torque drops then all is well. It's also predominantly left hand corners that cause it, accelerating around a roundabout (in the UK) doesn't seem to have much effect.
It's a '93 ZX 1.9D Automatic (non-turbo).
Anyone shed some light on this perhaps?
Regards, Jason.
--
Replace nntp with my name to reply.
N0 5pAm H3r3: Include this tagline to pass my spam filter.

Could be something to do with the 'power steering' or suspension.
--
-- Whiskers
Jason Arthurs wrote:

Add pictures here