Aacity.net is back on-line

THE website belonging to alt.autos.citroen is back on-line. The website was hosted by a cheap hoster in Belgium (nuke Belgium! Nuke Canada!) but I guess it went bankrupt. It took me a lot of work to get it back on-line with a new host. Despite -=Hawk=- his suggestion I opted not for a cheap host this time (thanks anyway for the suggestion). This website is costing me an arm and a leg.

Some URL's

to get new internet users intoalt.autos.citroen.
the famous stolen links from -=Hawk=- with someminor additions.
for SRF calculation.http://nntp.aacity.net/tf.htm for the Troll FAQ.http://johan.aacity.net for some of my poor pictures.Wonder how long this host lasts (can't nuke The Netherlands).Could use some help though. If you have a Citroen related website Iwould appreciate a link to the website. The reward, everlastingthanks. Any suggestions regarding webcontent are always welcomed.

I have a few days left to make a webpresentation of my poor and broken XM. I'll drive a Xantia soon. Could buy another brand but than I would be expelled form the newsgroup I helped to create. Adrian and Whiskers are quite strict on those things.

x-post

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Blimey, don't you go blaming me.

I owned an Alfa once, y'know. And a Hillman wImp.

Reply to
Adrian

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:57:31 +0200, "2Rowdy" scribbled:

1&1's not a cheap host, they're a low cost host. If you're paying an arm and a leg for the same or less features... well, I won't call you a fool... ok, I will.
Reply to
-= Hawk =-

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

Blimey. I didn't blame you. Perhaps I could have if I didn't, buy me another Cit. But I didn't so I can't. But I could have if I did but I can't be sure.

:-D Now you shouldn't have said that. How can I ever take you seriously from now on? Would you take me seriously if I would tell you ever had two Diahasu Cuore's?

Reply to
2Rowdy

Well, if it's confession time... I own a Volkswagen... :-)

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Message i.d.:, by author Ian Dalziel aka inspired me,

Of all cars possible, a Volkswagen. I'm in shock.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Ian Dalziel
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I presume you're meaning the LImp?

What can I say? I was young, I needed to get to work on the Monday after wrapping the 2cv round a stone wall on the Friday evening...

No. That's just inexcusable.

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Ian Dalziel aka inspired me,

Sorry Ian. The link doesn't work on this end. Just hope it's a real ugly vw. (or is that a double?)

Reply to
2Rowdy

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

I forgive you. Tiny cars have a special type of appeal to them. They just should equip them with a handle for easy carriage.

o.k. I won't tell you I ever had two of those tiny things. Does it help if I would tell you I drowned one? Could have been suicide of the car though, but at least I know for sure, they don't float.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not the wImp. It was unforgivable. It was *horrible*.

Yes. It helps a lot.

Reply to
Adrian

Ian Dalziel haute in die Tasten:

Okay, I am a friend of contrasts. My other car is a BMW: No FWD, no suspension (at least not noticeable), no french electro gremlins (it has got bavarian gremlins instead) and - what a pity - no A/C;-)

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Oh, an Alfa 155, an undetermined number of CXs, and now you want a Jaguar: why didn't you think of being beaten by a mistress dressed in leather, like everyone else?

Reply to
Gasket

Gasket ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And a 75. Don't forget the 75. V6, it was.

Four so far. But no Turbo. Yet.

I've always liked Jags. Mk 7/8/9, please.

Again? So soon?

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

Terrible this off-topic chat.

This is better.

Aaargh!

Whot? How do you English propagate?

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Why?

I have *no* intention of inflicting my spawn on the world.

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

I swallowed a fly. Sorry.

But than you'll miss the first time they walk into the doorway and ask for the keys to the car.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I won't miss it one bit.

Besides, I seem to have the reverse problem - I keep my father in cars.

He's had three of my CXs off me, and I sourced him a Xant. That's still going, but two CXs were stolen (one of 'em was only about half-complete when it went) and the last was scrapped.

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

Funny. :-)

Pitty about those two CXs.

Oh. BTW. I'll collect my Xantia tomorrow. It's a 1997 TD sx with 300.000km. It's red. Don't ask what I am going to pay for it. It's probably way to much but I had some support from the insurance company. Made pictures of my XM today. Won't have time this week to make a webpresentation. I'll drop the XM, he'll probably scrap it. That hurts.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'll give him your email address, alright?

'82 Athena - 40k miles from new. I got it for £40, with a hole in the side of the engine and a couple in the rear subframe, and nearly got evicted by my landlord because of the swearing doing the engine swap. My dad parked it, no tax, round the corner from his flat. And left it. And left it. And left it. And didn't return the phone calls when the plod rang him to say it was in their compound... (Or was that the 604GTi? I forget...)

'82 Athena - My first CX. Needed front arm bushes and door bottoms and a respray. Then it cracked a cylinder liner, shortly after the rattly bottom end (from a leaking oil filter mount that really needed the engine to come out to sort) got a lot worse. He stripped a lot of it out, to benefit other CXs, then it disappeared one afternoon from the car park behind his new flat. Neighbours reported the 7.5ton scrap wagon that took it wheelspinning away... This was, of course, before scrap car prices fell...

'83 20 Pallas. I got it free, with a bent front end. Sorted that (cut the front off a scrap CX, across the two suspension turrets, put it in the boot of the Dyane and the bonnet on the roof). Turned out the A-pillars were

*rotten*.

Here in the UK, that's going to be about £750 *at most*, with that mileage.

Who are, of course, a charity. Not. You'll pay for it, sooner or later, you'll pay.

Reply to
Adrian