Alarm on aXantia

First the hand control started consuming batteries, like 2 a week. So i left it for a while, some months later when i went to buy a new one, we found that the reciever section, wasn't recieving. So, at £165 for the pair, i decided to rough it & do without. My problem now is this : Every now & then at infrequent intervals, the alarm goes off as i get out of the car, so I sit back in, put the key in, turn it on & press the button on the dash, this stops it. Untill the other night, when the button failed to turn off the siren ( I took the relay that flashes the headlights out, months ago ). Ah embarrasing drive home was in prospect with the siren wailing away. But, half way home, i tried the button again, & the siren stopped, & all has been well since, till next time, & I know there will be a next time. SO, how do i permanently disable the siren ? Can it be done ? No there is not a key slot to do this under the bonnet, as there was on the other Xantia i had. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance. Ray

Reply to
djindivik