AX Gearstick

Hi,
I just bought a AX 1.1 Memphis (95) with 62k on the clock. It runs well and handles well but the gearstick feels loose. I can get the gears in OK, but
there is a lot of play in the stick. Is this normal for this age of this model? Is there a simple way of tightening something up to reduce the play?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve W
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

That is normal, I have the same thing with the gearstick in my Citroen ZX1.4i
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

just feels strange that's all.
Ta