AX Ignition Timing

Hello to everybody.. I own an AX 1.4 with KDY engine 92 model year. This engine has a speed sensor which is not connected to the ecu, but end to socket where the dealer with a specific tool can arrange
the ignition timing.. My question is if it is possible to arrange the ignition timing by myself without that tool from this socket. As i have seen to the elctric diagram of Haneys manual that socket consist of three pins.Two of the is from the sensor and the last one is connected to both of them. Any idea wuld be appreciated
Thanks in advcance Vaggos
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I suggest you please do not change the ignition timing, because changing ignition timing only can not enhance your engine performance.You should you re-install ecu same time or change camshaft( high angle camshaft e.t). Ignition timing is set with spray volume and so on. If you arrange the ignition timing in incorrect way, effect that you sense will be "knock".
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I don't have in mind changing the ignition time.. The only thing that i want is to check the ignition time's mark. The problem is that the engine don't work properly at idle so the first thing that i want to check is timing marks. But there is no hole on the flywheel for the pin to be inserted in my engine (KDY 92 model year monopoint Bosch A2.2 ) So the next step is to check the marks on the flywheel. The problem in that case is that there is no enough space to have a view of the marks.. Another thing is that there is a speed sensor which ends up to a socket. The dealer have told me he use an instument which connect to this socket to check the ignition timing. So my question is if there is a way to chech the TDC of the engine by myself making some connection to that socket with the help of a voltmeter..
Thanks in advance Vaggos
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, highshift wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ