Berlingo (03) Clutch Travel

Hi all, my father in law has just bougt a Berlingo and is worried about the height the clutch has to come up before it bites.

It was bought from a main dealer (fully serviced etc ) but he finds his foot has to come right up before it bites, almost to the point where you feel you are going to lift your foot off and stall the car.

Is this normal on these cars, sounds strange if it is, but would like some opinions before we speak with the dealer.

Can anyone give me an idea of how much travel up is normal before clutch should start to bite. Mileage is approx 27,000

Thanks in advance.

Graham

Reply to
<grobinso

If the regulator is good, it should have a small (3/4 inch) very, very light travel before it gets harder.

If its has no free play at all, its misregulated or the regulator is bad.

If it has free travel, but bites very high, it has very little material left and will start slipping soon.

Reply to
Eduardo K.