Berlingo belt

Hi, I have a late 1998 Berlingo van fitted with the DW8 engine. My problem is that the alternator drive belt snapped and I can't for the life of me figure
out how the serpentine belt routes around the pulleys. I have the Autodata belt book that shows the correct configuration and the belt I'm fitting is the same length as the one that snapped so I'm wondering if the belt on there was wrong and a previous owner had forced it on. My main question is has anyone had a similar problem and also is the belt on the early DW8 different from the later one or are the idler and tensioner in slightly different positions? The van has 6 pulleys: Crank, power steering, air con, alternator, idler and tensioner.
I know this question is for a real "Citroen man" or someone who's had similar problem.
Very grateful for any help
Dave
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Don't worry yourselves, have sorted it. I didn't realise that one of the idler pulleys is in fact spring loaded so taking the tension off that enabled the fitment ok.
Hope this may help someone else
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

<snip>
There isn't really anything that can be said in reply to such a admission, other than to either buy a workshop manual or take your car to a garage!.... :~(
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Thankyou for your constructive reply
Add pictures here