Berlingo Multispace HDi Maintenance

Hi All.
I am just coming up to 12.5K miles and its time for a service! I have heard that Haynes are bringing out a manual in autumn, but in the mean time, any
tips or guidance from you experts out there? I have always done my own maintenance and was surprised to find that there was no book, apart from what Citroen give you. It's going very well by the way. Much better acceleration than I expected!
JohnD
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Hi

How old is your Multispace? Remember that if it is not serviced by Citroen your paint and corrosion warrenty will no longer be valid.
Thats the only reason I let them service mine.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanatos ( snipped-for-privacy@lethe.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, it won't.
By EU law, the services can be carried out by any competent garage to Citroen spec with Citroen parts and your warranty will be maintained.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Hi
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were

Maybe I read the O.P.s message wrong. I had the feeling he was going to do it himself, and as he was asking for hints and tips I assumed he was not a garage.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanatos ( snipped-for-privacy@lethe.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Even so, to say that it has to be serviced "by Citroen" is wrong.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanks everyone for the comments. Yes, I am going to service it myself. I bought it October 2004. I have always serviced my own cars and they last well towards 200k miles before I sell or pass on to the family. I put this down to changing the oil on time, changing the coolant, etc. Relying on the MOT to tell me when suspension components need changing, etc. Concerning the warranty, I suppose that the car would need to be "fit for purpose" during the first year or so and therefore covered by consumer legislation. I see myself as very competent, but whether I could convince a Court of that is another question. Does the EU legislation allow for, say, a mechanic to service his own car at home and still maintain the warrantee? Provided that he can show that he has properly serviced the car of course! JohnD.
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
JohnD ( snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If you want the Citroen warranty to cover it, then you have to follow the terms.

AIUI, no. It does need to be a "proper" professional workshop.

That's the tricky bit.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ