berlingo radio

Vehicle is berlingo multispace diesel (not hdi)
I want to be able to turn my radio on without the ignition being on. I know it will kill the battery but I'm evetually planning on replacing it with a
pc.
Any ideas greatly appreciated. Also any NG or website that you think could help me
Many Thanks
Dan
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Very simple, but you will have to alter the connections on the back, and at the moment I cannot remember the pin layout. Basically you have two power feeds to the radio, on permanent, which hods the memories and coding information safe, and one switched with the ignition key. You need to remove this (and tape up the wire end) and replace it with another permanent feed.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
thanks for that
Does anyone have any idea why the cigarette lighter is wired in the same way?
Seems a little odd to me and hardly a safety feature! Not that I smoke, it's just a really useful power source; but only, it seems when the ignition is turned on!

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I don't know why they sometimes do that. I have a 307SW which has the cigar lighter wired in that way, but according to the handbook, the saloon is wired permanently on. I certainly don't understand the logic.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I believe there's a fuse which you can plug into a different socket to enable it to be independent of the ignition.
That's the case with the Xantia, if Haynes is to be believed. I don't use it myself because of the lighter being hidden in with the ashtray.
Ambrose
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanks, I'll have to have a good look at the haynes manual
weired

Add pictures here
‚úĖ