boot lock on citreon picasso

my boot lock will not open every time what can i do without going to a garage

Pry?....

Spray all the mechanism you can see with WD 40. Cheap and it might just work. TonyB

For a time, then the problem will either return as was or ten times worse. :~(
Been there, cleaned up other peoples mess and got the tea-shirt. WD40 is not the answer, if the problem is due to a sticking lock barrel then it needs the proper lock lubricant (any lock-smith), if the problem is due to seized linkage then there are better anti seizure products available such as "Duck Oil" (or even Plusgas). With 30 years 'in the trade' I've seen more problems caused by WD40 being used than any being mended (long term) by the product. WD40 is primarily a water dispersant.
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:07:00 +0100, ":Jerry:"

That's what the name stands for, yes. I suppose "Duck Oil" should be reserved for oiling ducks, then?
WD40 does what it says on the tin - which includes acting as a penetrating lubricant and protective film.
--

Ian D

<snip>

Well if you believe that, good luck...
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:49:34 +0100, ":Jerry:"

I do. Thank you.
--

Ian D

If the problem is due to a sticking lock barrel, it'll be a miracle.
Unless mine is a rogue, Picassos don't have lock barrels on the tailgate.
TF

What type of lock is it? I ask this because my Xsara had an electrically operated lock, the button on the tailgate just operated a microswitch. That went faulty and it was a broken wire in the rubber tube at the top by the hinges. Some models had a little hole on the inside of the tailgate, by the catch, into which you could insert a small screwdriver to release the catch. Needless to say my Xsara did not. (Great fun trying to get a large dog out of the back, over the back seats).

Site Timeline