BSI (Built In System Interface)

I've been told by the Citroen dealer that I need a new BSI in my 2000-reg (mk1) berlingo, obviously I want to save money because the part is not cheap, I was just wondering if I can order and fit this
part myself or is there anything complex that needs doing when installing?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
thekendall snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in

Any chance a Haynes manual will give you a clue? Googling doesn't give a hell of a lot. Good Luck. Whatever you do will probably involve having to get a Citroen main dealer to reset something using a PC.But I hope not.
--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.
‚úĖ

BSI stands for " Boitier de Servitude Intelligent" which by the way does not mean much, except it is an expensive part (electronic board), but, to install it, you would absolutely need the tool called "Lexia", wich is a kind of portable PC with proprietary programs. Without it, your new BSI would never be customized to your car. So, forget it.... and pray the Lord !
Add pictures here
‚úĖ