Buying a C5...

Any advice, what to look for, what to avoid, which model is best... My only criteria: Reasonable MPG (currently running a Volvo 940, gives 22mpg) Reasonable handling (I loved my Xantia, is it comparable?) Low maintenance??

TIA

Reply to
bigjon

You want a 2.0 HDI 110 (pre facelift), get one a year or 2 old and save a lot in depreciation.

The 2.0 HDI is a reliable engine with few gremlins. However, the suspension is best on "03" reg cars and newer.

Reply to
Mr Benny

Mr Benny ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMmrbenny.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That's as I understand it.

Avoid the (rare) 2.2HDi - turbos prone to failure, dual-mass flywheel prone to failure, and a VERY expensive service bill for the exhaust desootification thingy gizmo.

Reply to
Adrian

The 2.O HPi engine gives good performance but only about 33mpg, and it needs

98 octane. As for handling, its the only car I've ever had that doesn't make my wife carsick! Its not as sporty as it is comfortable, esp on long journeys. But some models have a sport button to firm up the suspension which is interesting on twisty roads. SW
Reply to
S W