C/Locking Question - T plate Saxo VTR

Hi, Just picked up a nice T plate Saxo VTR today. Have owned a Renault & Peugeot prior to this so I must have something for French autos! Without trying to sound too stupid, should the central locking keyfob
open all 3 doors or just drivers door and boot? Seller informed me of this, but wasn't too clear whether this was faulty or the way they are? Manual makes out like all 3 locks should function with fob? Any advice greatly apprecaited. Cheers, N!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Hi Neil I would say that it should unlock all doors, just out of interest if the doors are unlocked ,and then you press the fob does it lock them all? I also own an 1989 Jag and the central locking on that is very random, sometimes it opens all the doors and boot othertimes it will open 2 doors or 3 or none.
Gary
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Heyup, Thanks for the reply, but no mate. The lock stays up with using the fob or when trying the key to lock the car from drivers door. I'm wondering if there is a motorised unit in there and it's become unplugged or the wiring damaged? Hope it aint too difficult to fix, or atleast not as complex as that Jag of yours will be! Cheers, N!
Gary G Jones wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Neil-Orange wrote:

depends.
some systems open the drivers door only on one press and other doors when you press the fob a second time. try it and see. I can't remember which car I saw it on... nissan micra .. fiat ?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I had the very same system on a car I hired in the USA one press did the drivers door, 2 presses did all doors, and another button to bop the boot open. I think it was on a Chevy . Gary
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

My VTS opens and locks both doors and the boot with one press. I can't see the VTR being any different.
Regards
--
Neil

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Neil ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.demon.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I don't know about Saxos, but there's often a way on PSA central locking of cutting the boot out of the central locking - have a look in the handbook.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian wrote:

Heyup, It's the passenger door that isn't playing the game. I tried to lock them all with the door pins all up - nowt. There is not sign of it trying to unlock that door remotely either. No click or noise coming from door / lock area. I read somewhere else that someone had the same thing and had to take it to a dealer to fix. Hope I can avoid that and not need to spend crazy money on it. I'll have the panel off and ensure all the connections are intact, then see if I can see owt with my magic multimeter. Ta
Add pictures here
‚úĖ