C1 rhythm

I've just been loaned one while the wife's 106 is in the garage and I've sold the Xantia cos it was falling apart. Anyway, what an awful car. I reckon the 1.5 diesel 106 (N reg) has better acceleration, lower road noise and a smoother engine than this one and it's only done 900 miles. The steering is twitchy and feels a bit unstable at "oops officer. I was just keeping up with the traffic" speeeds. The engine growls but has no real pull and it seems to be quite high geared. On the plus side the gearbox is very sweet.

Reply to
Malc

I got loaned a C1 when my C4 was in for the injectors to be replaced and I couldn't disagree with you more. What a fantastic piece of engineering, all my school days fantasies of owning a go-kart and a motorcycle are conveniently satisfied by driving one of these C1/107/Aygo's. I had the 3 cylinder 1.0 petrol (Toyota engine) Once you've noticed that the torque is delivered from 500rpm to 3,000 and nothing much happens above 4000rpm apart from lots of noise, there's no point using 2nd and 4th gear, 1st to 3rd to

5th seemed to be just fine. What about that huge windscreen wiper? No doubt borrowed from Volvo from one of their public transport vehicles, perhaps that'll satisfy the wanna-be bus/lorry drivers out there too...

Alright. (removes tongue from cheek) I wouldn't want to spend my life driving on the motorway in one of these things, like you say, the engine growls like a tiger and has the power of a mouse but for an urban thrashbox I thought this was genuinely a well engineered bit of kit. The car's light and the power to weight ratio is good, there are reports floating around on the internet that Citroen have understated the 0-60 time to keep the insurance band low. From my experience, I would agree that there does seem to be some truth to this.

I liked it, a lot. But I quite understand that its go-kartness won't appeal to everyone.

Reply to
Chris Midgley