c2?

Does anybody know if citroen is going to put the new 1.4 16V (90bhp) on C2???
I want to buy one VTR, and I wonder if I have to wait a little....
Thanks
Dimitris
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Message i.d.: inspired me,

http://www.citroen.com/site/htm/en/range/particuliers/C2/05_motors <quote> The C2 will be available with a choice of three petrol engines and one HDi diesel engine, adapted to all types of use:
- The 1.1i engine is the entry-level model. Designed for economy, it develops 44.1 kW (61 bhp) at 5,500 rpm and torque of 94 Nm at 3,200 rpm.
- The 1.4i engine, the mid-range powerplant, is at ease both in the city and on the open road. It develops 54 kW (75 bhp) at 5,400 rpm and torque of 118 Nm at 3,300 rpm.
- The 1.6i 16V model is the most powerful engine in the range since it develops 80 kW (110 bhp) at 5,750 rpm with maximum torque of 147 Nm at 4,000 rpm. Associated with the high-performance characteristics of the VTR version, this engine offers high-level performance and driving pleasure.
- The diesel offering comprises the 1.4 HDi engine developing 50 kW (70 bhp) at 4,000 rpm for torque of 150 Nm at 1,750 rpm. Particularly economical and quiet, this second-generation HDi common-rail engine is a strong performer: smooth and responsive at low engine speeds, suitable for long journeys, etc
The gear ratios reflect the lively style of the C2, in line with its dynamic characteristics. </quote>
Guess you want the 1.6i. That is a lot of power for such a tiny car. Anything wrong with your current Cit?
--
Johan; Certifiable me. Reply to Hotm ail

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

110hp is in no way a lot of power and a C2 may be a tiny car but it's not a light one. In fact, it is heavier than my larger ZX. 1000kg in my book qualifies for a midrange car. That inflation makes that the inner size does not follow weight is another problem, and one for all people.
Maarten
--
When replying privately, rot13 the e-mail address

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I agree with you Maarten... but you see in order to increase the passive safety of the car they also increase the weight. However, C2 feels a lot more compact and safe than the Saxo...
Dimitris
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
In alt.autos.citroen on Friday 14 Nov 2003 5:24 pm, 2Rowdy

Interesting that the diesel has more torque than the 'performance' 1.6i; that would suggest very good performance at low speeds, such as in town or narrow country roads. The 1.9D in my ZX is like that - up to about 50 MPH (80 KPH) it feels like a much bigger engine. But it does run out of puff at motorway speeds.
The maximum torque of the 1.6i being at 4,000 RPM suggests that it might not be too happy at low speeds.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net

Guys !!!.... From I what I heard - Citroen is going to launch a new 1.4i 16V engine with 90bhp until next summer.... Anyhow, I already ordered a black (grrrrrr) VTR 1.4i !... as the 16V will be more expensive
Johan,
No problen with ANY of my Citroens....
So far, I have had...
ZX 1.4i Advantage, ZX 1.6i Aura, Xantia 2.0 16V, Saxo 1.6vts (i had "pushed" it up to 140bhp!! with few and reliable adjustments!...) Xsara 1.6i EXCLUSIVE, and now I drive the ONE and ONLY:
Xantia ACTIVA 2.0 Turbo CT (Superchipped!) see http://users.otenet.gr/~activa
and a C3 1.6
That's all Folks !!
Dimitris
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Message i.d.:< inspired me,

Mean :-)

Aah. Great. Let us know how that goes.
[cut]

Wasn't that the one with the, Citroen unlike, hard, sportive suspention. Looks great. (I noticed a link page somewhere, , , , www.aacit.net)
--
Johan; Certifiable me; Reply to Hotm ail
GottaCit?ViCit www.aaCit.net

Point taken !!!! ;-)
Johan, help me please... I need to find brake disks for my Activa. I am a bot harsch on brakes, and I wear them soon. I had them replaced before 25,000klm and now they go like 8.... When i brake at 120klm aprr. I have a trembling on my wheel.
I think the brake disks and pads that Citroen uses are Tarox. I am looking for Brembo or something better anyway. Do you know any site???
The dimensions are 288x28x34,2 I found at OMP but they don't have pads for this size !!....
I would I appreciate your help or any other's
Regards
Dimitris

Add pictures here
‚úĖ