c3

Page 1 of 3
Qualcuno mi saprebbe dire se ha riscontrato problemi con la C3 HDI 16V

Is it possible to resend this message in english? this is an international newsgroup you know.
D.J.

Strange reason for wanting the message in english. English isn't the only international language. Try babelfish or some similar service, if you don't understand the original message. It gives: "Someone you would know to me to say if it has found problems with C3 HDI 16V"
best regards Peter
Message i.d.:

The suggestion is, when not posting in English use a language code in the subject line. [it] for Italian etc. Take a look into news:alt.rec.geocaching as an example to see why.
--
Johan; Certifiable me. Reply to Hotm ail

Beste Johan,
Met alle respect voor deze/jouw nieuwsgroep, maar ik volg heel wat nieuwsgroepen en heb echt geen zin om alle mogelijke vertaalmachines toe te passen. Tot nu toe was het ook niet echt nodig. En de krakkemikkige vertaling van babelfish maakt me ook niet echt vrolijk, zeker niet als het gaat om technische zaken.
D.J.
Message i.d.:

Thank you DJ for your view. As you know, nobody owns this newsgroup and this newsgroup is for anybody that wants to share Cit stuff. That language thing is something you are right about. English is the preferred language. My suggestion to add a language tag into the subject line works well as you can see in the geocaching group. If you do not speak the language you skip that post. One thing to remember is that this newsgroup is close to being dead and whe should welcome any on-topic posting in any language. If possible we could persuade people to use that language tag.
I am glad you follow this group and I hope we will see many on-topic postings here.
--
Johan; Certifiable me. Reply to Hotm ail

you
whe
Ok Johan
Now my question. Nowadays I am driving a Xantia HDI 90hp break. An excelent car but....... the heating. I know that the HDI-engine has a very high, what is the right word, rendement? But because of that the heater is working poor. What can I do to get a good temperature inside the car. In earlier times people used a shield in front of radiator to warm up faster. I think that that solution makes problems when the engine is on temperature. But what can I do else? Buy and wear warm clothes in winter ;-) ?
D.J.

international
original
Sorry Peter, but I try to follow an international newsgroup, I speak and read English, German, French. I think three welknown languages. My hobby is not to find translators for different languages but reading about Citrons. What when I post in Frisian, my real native language?
D.J.

is
Citrons.
The world is much richer than English, German and French. Still within the european sphere of languages, Spanish is extremely wide-spread. With knowledge of French you should be able to find out what the original mesage in Italian was about - I could. But there is a world outside europe, where billions of people speak (and read) neither of these languages.
If you post in Frisian, tant-pis pour toi. You will reach very few people and get very few answers. And that is a good reason for choosing english. But that was not what you wrote.
I made my point, we are off-topic, and I won't continue the debate here.
best regards Peter

is
Citrons.
Please, don`t :-) Is Citroen means in French something?
Message i.d.: inspired me,

The dad of Levy Citroen originates from the Netherlands, he was the one that placed the dots " on the E to make it sound French. The name of his father was Limoenman, Lemonman. He sold Lemons. In Dutch a Citroen is the same as a Lemon.
--
Johan; Certifiable me. Reply to Hotm ail

In alt.autos.citroen on Wednesday 12 Nov 2003 5:10 pm, 2Rowdy

In British English, "a lemon" is also slang (argot) for "a sub-standard product". So perhaps it is fortunate that few of us Brits know much Nederlandse or French ;))
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net

Please don't share this knowledge with your coutrymen. Oh. By the by. Did you visit www.aacit.net lately? Some minor changes you would appriciate in the main page. (announced in the Charter postings, prooves no-one reads them)
--
Johan; Certifiable me. Reply to Hotm ail

In alt.autos.citroen on Thursday 13 Nov 2003 5:45 pm, 2Rowdy

Wouldn't dream of it!

I did see the announcement, and I like the changes :)) I gather my e-mail on Saturday hasn't reached you.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net

the
And You like "a sub-standard products"? :-)
But in Estonian sidrun (lemon) is very sour tasty yellow fruit.
Raido, nothing personal

In English, a citron is a green fruit like a lemon but a little sweeter. I don't know how the word 'lemon' came to apply to something unsatisfactory.
Words sometimes do strange things ;))
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net

Is it? <puzzled>
I've never heard that one. You sure you're not thinking of a lime?
gurgled happily, sounding much like

Look: http://www.foodsubs.com/Fruitcit.html
Raido
Raido ( snipped-for-privacy@hot.ee) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Well, I'll be....
I'm not a bad cook, and I've never heard of or seen those before.
In alt.autos.citroen on Friday 21 Nov 2003 2:24 pm, Adrian

Interesting; some there I've never heard of either. I still say the citrons I've seen were green, not the pale orange in the picture, but there may be different varieties, I suppose.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net