c3

Message i.d.: news: snipped-for-privacy@ID-107770.user.uni-berlin.de, by author Whiskers aka inspired me,

Please don't share this knowledge with your coutrymen. Oh. By the by. Did you visit

lately? Some minor changes you would appriciate in the main page. (announced in the Charter postings, prooves no-one reads them)

Reply to
2Rowdy

Wouldn't dream of it!

I did see the announcement, and I like the changes :)) I gather my e-mail on Saturday hasn't reached you.

Reply to
Whiskers

"D.J." wrote

You are right and not right. There are people out there, which dont understand anyone of this languages. So i think that everyone should be allowed to post in the language, he wants. It will be his risk if he gets an answer, or there is somebody who makes the translations. But i don't agree, if somone flames him!

Walter.

BTW is Frisian an official language? Don't misunderstand, i think everyone should have his native language. (myne is "Baseldütsch" a kind of "Allemanic" )

Reply to
Walter Loos

Frank Kemper wrote in news:Xns94324A87BC40eldosampleman@130.133.1.4:

There are a lot of people, which don't understand english. Here it depends on the type of scool you follow. (e.g. if you have finished the Gymnasium for ancient languages (stiil required for access to juridic studies) you might have english as a optional matter).

Walter

Reply to
Walter Loos

"Walter Loos" schreef in bericht news:Xns943376EB96EDFWalterLoosBalcab@62.2.16.4...

Don't tell the Dutch but: Yes, Frisian is an official language even used by the Frisian authorities. Don't shoot the messenger!

D.J.

Reply to
D.J.

Message i.d.: news:3fb4cd71$0$79337$ snipped-for-privacy@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl, by author D.J. aka inspired me,

The most beautifull word I know in Swiss: Ascherbecherli The most difficult word in Dutch: Kurkentrekker

Pow!

It is an official language. Without some training the Dutch (except the Frisians) won't understand a word. Friesland can be characterised as green with cows with a church on the distant horizon.

Reply to
2Rowdy

"2Rowdy" wrote in news:bp3400$pf2$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.tilbu.nb.home.nl:

IMHO should be Äschebächerli.(But is different in different Regions) ^ ^ If this don't get a readable character it's a 'a' with two points and pronounced like the a 'man'

The most famous is Chuchichäschtli ( = cupboard)

Just to be curious: Is Frisian similar to Platt in norther Germany

Reply to
Walter Loos

"Walter Loos" schreef in bericht news:Xns9433D61BECB1CWalterLoosBalcab@62.2.16.4...

Like in Ost-Friesland in northern Germany? They understand each other!

I come in Switzerland three times a year in Volligen near Seelisberg, the land of Wilhelm Tell, kanton Uri and I can understand the Swiss people there after 12 years ;-)) And when I have problems with my Citroën (to hold it on-topic) I go to the Citroën-dealer in Stans

D.J.

Reply to
D.J.

"D.J." wrote in news:3fb5794a$0$79335$ snipped-for-privacy@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl:

No. The language in Ost-Friesland is similar to that of the Dutch province of Groningen. The Dutch Friesland has a totally different language.

Maarten

Reply to
Maarten Deen

"John Keating" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@inwind.it...

Per fortuna, dopo molte e varie discussioni sul grado di internazionalità della lingua italiana, qualcuno si è finalmente ricordato di rispondere alla domanda di .

Ciao, Roberto (Treviso)

Reply to
102di

Thanks

Raido

Reply to
Raido

And You like "a sub-standard products"? :-)

But in Estonian sidrun (lemon) is very sour tasty yellow fruit.

Raido, nothing personal

Reply to
Raido

In English, a citron is a green fruit like a lemon but a little sweeter. I don't know how the word 'lemon' came to apply to something unsatisfactory.

Words sometimes do strange things ;))

Reply to
Whiskers

Whiskers ( snipped-for-privacy@operamail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Is it?

I've never heard that one. You sure you're not thinking of a lime?

Reply to
Adrian

Look:

Raido

Reply to
Raido

Raido ( snipped-for-privacy@hot.ee) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Well, I'll be....

I'm not a bad cook, and I've never heard of or seen those before.

Reply to
Adrian

Interesting; some there I've never heard of either. I still say the citrons I've seen were green, not the pale orange in the picture, but there may be different varieties, I suppose.

Reply to
Whiskers

test 000001>>

Reply to