C3 and stereo

Anyone could tell me the wires of the ISO plugs in a Citroen C3? I bought a C3 and I'm installing my Kenwood cdplayer/tuner but I don't know how to connect it. Many thanks. Roberto (Venice / Italy)

Reply to
102di

Does your kenwood not have ISO plugs, or did you cut them off? Normally, you just plug in the ISO connectors and that's it.

Check if the wires have small letters printed on them defining the signal.

Bm

Reply to
Badmuts

Thank you very much Bm for your reply. I've never cut the wires off and there are no letters on the cables. On the plug for loudspeakears there are several colours I didn't see when I fit the speakers. On the other plug there are more cables than the ones I need. In example, maybe there's a cable for "remote control"... but, what is "remote" in my car... Citroen doesn't sell C3's with electrical antenna or power-amplifier. Could it be for a remote display? Yes, it could be, but how can I be sure? The same thing can be said about the "mute". A thing it's the stuff I personally want to put on the car and a completely different thing it's the equipment that the maker plan to do in the same car. I'm looking for a data sheet or something like that on internet, but nothing for the moment. You can find lots of things about old cars produced by Citroen, but it's not so easy to find information about C3. Roberto

Reply to
102di

If the Kenwood is new it should be ISO and the C3 wiring looms plug in. Any questions then go back to your dealer and ask. Remote could be for connection to an external amplifier which you probably don't need. Don't cut any wires, there should be no need for this. I fitted an Alpine unit without any problems at all. If in any doubt read your manual or get a dealer who knows what they are doing to install it.

Reply to
Andy

Many thanks Andy for your reply. Anyways I did it, I solved all my problems. I went back to my Citroen dealer. You can buy an adapter for the power ISO-plug (in Italy it costs only ?

4.- ), as I did . For the loudspeakers' ISO-plug, it's completely standard and you've not to change the position of any pin. Thank you very much again. Ciao, Roberto

"Andy" ha scritto nel messaggio news:3f5625f6$0$263$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com...

Reply to
102di