C3 ***audible bleeping***

Hello everyone I have a C3 '04' reg. I have a problem and wonder if anyone else has come across this ??? Whenever I depress the clutch pedal, I get an audible bleep which then stops until the next time I depress the clutch. Also the oil level warning light comes on at the same time as the bleep is heard, yet my oil level is fine. Any comments would be appreciated. Cheers, David

Reply to
dabin

"dabin" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Oil LEVEL light? Or oil PRESSURE? The latter would be by far and away more likely - damn near every car ever built has oil pressure warning, very few have level warning.

If the beep pairs with the light, that would suggest to me that they have the same cause - and, probably, the beep is an audible backup to the light.

If there's no mechanical problem or symptom, it'd suggest an electrical issue - in this case, possibly the wire to the pressure sender chafed and earthing on the clutch cable or gear linkage?

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian wrote in news:g1bttc$c71$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

Although in dabin's defence, low oil level may well cause low oil pressure, so it is the first thing to check.

(snip)

Reply to
Dave Ryman

Well... the audible beep is probably telling you you have low oil pressure. Even VW Golfs used to do this.

And you depress the clutch when stopping.

So, when warmed up, in neutral, without the clutch depressed and simply idling, are there any warnings?

If there are, then the car thinks it's not producing sufficient oil pressure, so either it isn't or the sender is faulty.

If there aren't, then there's something odd electrical going on most likely.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick