c3 broken suspension springs

I have just returned from leaving my car c3 (2003 model) exclusive in a citroen garage for a service and was surprised and alarmed to find that the car had 2 broken front suspension springs .

This alarmed me as learnt that my C3 was not the only C3 with the same problem. The garage informed me that they had ordered the new assemblies and would fit them the following day

My major concern for all c3 drivers is why hasnt this been subject of a recall ? , Are the lives of drivers being risked ?

Especially as I have undertaken several long motorway drives at 70 mph recently.

Have any others had similiar experiences?

the garage have promised to phone when repaired will update

dave

Reply to
dave

dave ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Apart from this one...?

Adrian

"Adrian" wrote

... not to mention the same thing on Picassos and Berlingos.

I'm still not impressed by the strap-on cup solution, either from an owner or an engineering viewpoint!!

TF

Reply to
Tony Fisk

"Tony Fisk" wrote in news:d454h.10322$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net:

That does reek of bodge. I think I'd prefer different springs !

Reply to
Tunku

"Tunku" wrote

It's the lower spring bearing plate that is weak, IIRC. It can rot/bend/break and the strut effectively collapses and lets the spring drop on to the tyre - not much fun in a corner or at speed IMHO.

TF

Reply to
Tony Fisk

Reply to