c3 broken suspension springs

I have just returned from leaving my car c3 (2003 model) exclusive in a citroen garage for a service and was surprised and alarmed to find that the car had 2 broken front suspension springs .
This alarmed me as learnt that my C3 was not the only C3 with the same problem. The garage informed me that they had ordered the new assemblies and would fit them the following day
My major concern for all c3 drivers is why hasnt this been subject of a recall ? , Are the lives of drivers being risked ?
Especially as I have undertaken several long motorway drives at 70 mph recently.
Have any others had similiar experiences?
the garage have promised to phone when repaired will update
dave
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
dave ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Apart from this one...?
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID2414688006959F588025709A0059ACD5
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

... not to mention the same thing on Picassos and Berlingos.
I'm still not impressed by the strap-on cup solution, either from an owner or an engineering viewpoint!!
TF
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

That does reek of bodge. I think I'd prefer different springs !
--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.
‚úĖ

It's the lower spring bearing plate that is weak, IIRC. It can rot/bend/break and the strut effectively collapses and lets the spring drop on to the tyre - not much fun in a corner or at speed IMHO.
TF
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
dave wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
following i dont want to alarm anybody but the european manufacturer of the springs produced a batch of springs which were faulty but not just citroen cars these were across a whole range of cars the addition of this cup was to prevent the springs going into the tyres my cups were fitted approx 12 months ago. citroen have known about this potental problem for 3+ years I sugest you ask your garage to change your springs as mine has now done free of charge buit the further you get from 3yrs(from new) then it is possible that u may have to pay dave wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ