C3 child lock problems

Anyone who is having problems with the child locks on their C3 may be interested to know that there is now a software download available to correct the problem. I had mine done last week and it seems to have fixed
them - they now retain their settings between turning the engine off and restarting it again, which is nice!
Andrew
There is now an extensive modification to the software for the C3's locking system. This will firstly sort out the problems some owners had with the child locks which wouldn't remember that they were set, necessetating them to be reset every time the car was entered. Secondly, the main locking system will now "auto lock" as soon as the car reaches 4 mph. Obviously this added feature can be switched off if not required. If anyone wants any more information about this software upgrade, please ask!

I would appreciate that very much.
My main locking systems seems to forget every few week why it's there. I than have to put it on again... Strange behaviour for a computer. I hope he will not forget the order to ignite the cilinders or I get in major trouble..
Other changes for the new version and when will it be available ?
Theo
My new software was downloaded by Freeborn (citroen) garage in Southampton. The new software seems to be reliable (3 days old and it hasn't forgotten its childlock settings yet!) and as I said earlier,gives the additional facility of auto locking the doors when the car starts to move. This facility can be switched off with the ignition key in the run position and the main (not the child locking) locking button held in until you hear a confirmation 'bong'. Re-setting the facility uses the same procedure.

Correct but mine seems to forget it every three or four weeks....
Theo
My Citroen Garage in Southampton (Freeborn)says that you must have software package 41.0, which is the latest available, and sorts this problem out. All the best!

Southampton.
forgotten
until
I wonder what would happen if the locks unlocked themselves on a motorway and a child fell out, fatally. I bet that Citroen would very soon sort the software out.
Icedog

additional
I pointed this out to them several times in the 8 months it took to get my child locks sorted out. It didn't seem to speed them up at all....

same
motorway
Merde. Not only do the French eat snails and move at the speed of the same but English Frogmobile dealers have caught the habit:-)
Icedog.
icedog ( snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Surely a child old enough to undo the seatbelt and use the door handle is old enough to be taught not to undo the seatbelt and use the door handle?
Do you have children? You might not believe how inquisitive/stupid they can be; or how quickly they can go from rational, reasonable human beings to "I'm running away now!" (at 70mph on the motorway) or whatever.
gurgled happily, sounding much like they

andrew_s_chesters (andrew.chesters@ntlworld*nospam*.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I survived childhood. Most of us managed. Without seatbelts and child safety locks and cotton wool.