C3 Coil Spring ( Citroen recall )

Hi all,
The front coil spring ( left side ) snapped the other day on my C3. Luckily it happened when my car was still as it could have caused serious damage to the car and passengers if it would have happened on
the move. The spring went down between the wheel and the body so the wheel couldn't move at all. I was really suprised by this failure as my car is only 3 years old and driven 38000 km. The dealer replaced the broken spring but I'm having doubt's if that is enough and wanted your opinion on the matter and if there are somebody who've had there C3 in for the recall that was made regarding the suspension cups.
1. When replacing the spring, is it not normal to replace it on both sides? 2. Has anybody seen the replacement cup that is mentioned in the recall notice? Is it larger than the original one so the spring won't drop down in case of a failure?
Recall notice I looked up on the AA website. The dealer where I live ( Iceland ) says he never saw this recall notice before. http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/recalls/recalls.jsp?&makeName=Citroen&modelName √&modelIDŚ&makeIdß&lowIndex=3
best regards
Konrad
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
kron ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The UK semi-government body responsible is VOSA
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID2414688006959F588025709A0059ACD5
is the C3 suspension spring recall.
From what I've seen on Berlingos, the recall fits a clamp on the suspension strut to stop the spring escaping if (when) it breaks. Cit *really* dropped the ball on this one, and have recalled C2, Berlingo, Picasso as well as C3.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
just recent berlingo's or older ones (mk1) as well? mines 2001
gurgled happily, sounding much like they

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Dan ( snipped-for-privacy@canthaveit.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

'99-03 production.