C3 diesel; "Ecomod" shown on display

Car runs fine. However, I've seen "Ecomod" shown on the LCD display two or three times, and I'm puzzled/interested to know what it means.

Once was when my wife waited in the car for me for about an hour. The car engine was off after driving about 160km. She listened to the CD player, but it turned itself off after some 45 minutes or so. The CD player could not be restarted until I started the engine (which it did without problems.) (Is there some system to make sure you don't drain the battery too much?)

On other occasions when "Ecomod" has been displayed, there have been no obvious unusual circumstances to cause such a display.

Your thoughts would be welcome.

(And if anybody's got a sticker which says "It's French. It's fuel-efficient. What have *you* done to irritate George Bush today?" I'd like one please.)

-- Faster than a speeding pullet

Reply to
Tersono

.exactly. The AI [1] decides that the radio has been running long enough and cuts the power. AFAIK you can ask your garage to change this timeout period...

LOL!

Hartmut

[1] Artificial Intelligence X-\
Reply to
Hartmut Krafft

snip

snip

I wonder if that system would cut out the 'security devices' if the car is not used for several weeks? I did that to my ZX 1.9D and the battery was entirely exhausted by the security system. Not only could I not start the engine, I had to buy a new battery because ordinary car batteries can cease to work at all if they aren't kept charged (the chemistry inside the 'cells' changes irreversibly, apparently. I did try to recharge it from the mains but it wouldn't take a charge at all).

I now have a solar-cell gadget to plug into the lighter-socket to trickle-charge the battery when I park for long periods; it works too - I've left the car for six weeks and the battery stayed fully charged :))

Reply to
Whiskers

The C3 goes into eco mode after approx 30 mins of no engine running and will give you this message on the display and the flashing battery symbol on the dash too. It is nothing to worry about, all it does is shut certain electrical things down to save the battery to ensure it will start when you want it to. Restarting the engine resets the car back to normal. My wife has a C3 and this happens if she is cleaning it and leaves the doors open with the interior light on. It explains it all in the owners manual.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

It should be written in your manual, maybe you didn't read it ;) EcoMode is just a little feature to save batteries : after 30mn, it turns off all electrical devices inside the car (I did not test if it turns off the lights as well). this function can be bypassed by programming the BSI at you citroen dealer i think

"Tersono" a écrit dans le message de news:biqum9$bt4bi$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-168451.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Fender