C3 HDI 1,4 trubbles with the camshaft and electrical system

Now it is second time the factori is calling our C3 back because of problems with the camshaft. Last time we got a new cylinderhead for the motor We olso have trubbles with the lamps I do not understand why H7 55W lamps only last 3 months I have asked the workshop but the answer was that it was normal ??? The battey olso has been caput .It only lasted 1½ year ???? We got a new before the garantie run out. I am quiet sure there is something wrong with the voltageregulation from the generator . At the workshop they tells us it is normal ????? I am ofraid they will not find what is wrong before the car is run out of garantie ???.But then they find out and I have to pay ? Can anyboddy help me. Bee carefull that your car has been cheked before it is run out of garantie

Reply to
HP

H7 (and also H4) lamps in a Diesel engine doesn't seem to have a long life. I have had this problem also with my previous cars a Peugeot 306, Citroen Xsara, Citroen Saxo, all with a Diesel engine. I hear the same story from other people with a Diesel car, it seem to be the heavy vibrations caused by the Diesel engine.

It is a pity that H7 lamps are not so cheap as H4.

"HP" schreef in bericht news:412865bc$0$295$ snipped-for-privacy@dread14.news.tele.dk...

Reply to
VTR16V

Reply to
djindivik

Yes buy a ford and burn the stupid car. Stupid americans can't make car, actually they can't do anything right.

"djindivik" schreef in bericht news:2OYWc.186$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...

Reply to
VTR16V

djindivik ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

(top-posting corrected)

Yes, that'll really help.

If you buy a Ford TDCi diesel, it'll be such a vastly different engine to an HDi PSA car...

Clue - Ford buy HDi lumps off PSA and rebadge them to TDCi.

Reply to
Adrian

I have had my 405 td for 8 years now, and have hardly ever had to change a headlight bulb. I have never changed the driving light bulbs. It is possible that you have a vibration problem around the headlight, but the one thing which kills bulbs is too many volts.

Reply to
brian

"brian" schreef in bericht news:cgj28d$l3o$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.beeb.net...

It seems to be somthing that effects the new cars only, 1998 and up. The Peugeot dealer and Citroen dealer did check the power circuit, but couldn't find anything. A friend of me with a C5 HDI, also has the same problem with his light bulbs. It must be something with the heavy diesel vibrations.???

Reply to
VTR16V