C3 HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY REMOVAL

The wife has a C3 and the N/S dipped beam bulb has blown.
Ive had a look in the engine bay, and it is nigh on impossible to get to the bulb.
Ive removed the rear cover , and the job would be difficult enough if
the bulb was just under the cover, but it isnt, it is recessed 3 or 4 inches.
Removing the headlight itself seems the only sensible way to go, can anyone tell me how to do this.
I read that removing the bumper is neccessary for this operation, can anyone tell me how to do this job.
This is our 6th Citroen, but will be our last if the thing has to go to a dealer for a bulb change.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:32:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@atropicalisland.co.uk wrote:

I bought a replacement bulb from the local Halfords (Cambridge) and they fitted it for a fiver. Will your local branch be able to help, I wonder?
(And here in Ely there's a motorist's shop which does it for free.)
I wish I could give more direct information; I agree that it's a right sod to do. -- Per ardua ad nauseam
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I'd rather not leave the car for half a day with halfords or anyone else, and id just like to be able to do the job myself.
Ive changed engines, boxes, axles, rebuilt engines, and service my two vans myself, including mot prep, but this bulb change looks far too fiddly, there just isnt any space on the near side.
I also dont see how anyone, even with small hands could possibly fit the bulb without coming into contact with the glass (reducing bulb lifetime).
I dumped the picasso because nobody except citroen would touch the alternator (about £400 fitted), looks like the C3 is going the same way.
Ill give halfords a try if i cant get the headlight out. Thanks for the tip.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:33:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@atropicalisland.co.uk wrote:
A very minor comment- Halfords needed five minutes, not half a day.
No disassembly, just flexible fingers. (No, I can't imagine how either).
And agreed, I'd rather be able to do the job myself. -- Per ardua ad nauseam
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I managed to change the bulb, took FOUR hours.
2.5 hours spent trying to get the damn thing out, then refitting the old one (for practice).
In the end i taackled removing the headlight unit, once you know how its quite easey.
Remove the grille. remove the bolts under there holding the bumper. Remove the front of plastic cover under the wheelarch (plastic clips hold it in place, pull the centre of the clip), remove screw of the cover to wing (right at the bottom, drop cover down, then you can get to a bolt holding the bumper, remove this and drop that corner of the bumper down, now you can get to the bolts securing the headlight.
Easy peasy once you know how.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ