C3 headlight bulbs - trained monkey required?

Has anyone managed to change a C3 headlight bulb on the battery side of the engine compartment?

Either you need to get your 6 year old kid or a trained monkey to get their hand into the confined space or you need to take out the whole headlight assembly.

Is it possible to easily remove the complete assembly, as I can't get my arthritic sausage fingers into the space to remove the connector.

JPG

Reply to
JPG

JPG ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So that'll be the typical UK Cit dealer mechanic on both counts, then?

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

It's international. It's a conspiracy it is.

Reply to
2Rowdy

I had the same problem. When I admitted defeat and took it to the garage, I was told it's a bumper-off job.

Yes, it's silly that the manual represents it as being a DIY job.

-- History: the study of who crapped on who, when, why they did it, and the rationale they gave.

Reply to
tersono

oh good a prick!

Reply to
mindwipe

Just tried on my SX. No problem but I do have small "lady's" hands rather than oven mitts!!!

Icedog.

Reply to
icedog

Most Citroen dealers are, yes.

e.g. What's the difference between a Citroen Dealership and a hedgehog? The pricks are on the outside of the hedgehog... (stolen shamelessly from BMW joke...)

CAS

Reply to
CAS

actually the job is very easy its a matter of dexterity though i have large sausage fingers and manage mmm sausages must be tea time

Reply to
mindwipe

Halfords (in the UK) are doing a fitting service for items such as bulbs. I took them up on it. £4.99 fitting plus £8.99 for the bulb.

The young lad who did it had some difficulty. Lots of plastic covers to remove but he managed it after about 10 minutes.

JPG

Reply to
JPG

Well worth knowing.